Integration Wishlist

Here’s a shout out to all the creators looking to step into #web3 decentralization goodness…

What is your wishlist for apps/platforms that you wish would do either of the following…

1. Replace a core platform with a decentralized version.
  2. Add Unlock to the existing platform.

Place your answers below and let’s start a running wishlist of integrations or new platform builds. We’ll take your list and create future bounties, pair grantees with integrations or maybe even roll out an RFP like we did to create the decentralized version of OnlyFans.

I’ll start us off…

I’d love to replace Twitter w/a decentralized version.
I’d love to replace all my logins to all the websites with metamask or Unlock.

I’d love to integrate Unlock with more artist friendly/non-tech web builders like SquareSpace.
I’d also love to see more integrations with encrypted apps and privacy-centric platforms.

Your turn…GO!!

Hey, guys. Excited to get plugged into this community and learn more about the protocol and how it can support integrating blockchain tech into our membership program.

For a little background, we have a personal brand strategy firm that helps individuals elevate their personal profile/brand to drive more traffic back to one or more offerings to grow their business. We work with startup founders, c-suite execs of companies, business owners, speakers, authors, influencers, etc.

Our primary business model is a membership program that has a monthly recurring revenue model ($99, $499, $1000) and includes a variety of features - more at the higher tiers. We have over 400 active members, 100+ VIP clients paying higher prices for private 1v1 services, and thousands of people consuming content for free via our podcast, socials, blog, email list.

In order for us to integrate unlock as the primary mechanism for authentication as a membership holder, we need to look at the various membership features and determine which have integration support so we can gate access.

So, below are the general features of the program currently and the tech powering each. I’d love to get some feedback on current or planned support for each. Also, happy to consider migrating tech if necessary as part of long-term planning.

1. Learning Portal (Thinkific): This is where members get to official training content that is part of our curriculum via our current learning management system.
  2. Community Chat Group (Private Facebook Group): This is where members can chat about a variety of topics and get additional group-based support from the community and our strategists.
  3. Group Virtual Trainings (Easy Webinar): Members register for our twice a month virtual trainings and then can attend via the webinar platform. The recordings of this are stored in the learning portal mentioned above for ongoing access.
  4. Virtual Events (Zoom): We have monthly virtual events that last 2 days and are workshop style working on strategy work.
  5. In-Person Events (N/A): On a quarterly basis, members can come to an in-person event, which are currently all held in Nashville, TN where our HQ is.
  6. Private Strategy Calls (Zoom): Included in the membership is a monthly strategy call with the client’s personal brand strategist. We just schedules these using recurring calendar invites and include a zoom meeting link within.

Some of the above will likely just stay as is, but I can definitely see the benefit of consolidating how member access several of the features above and also realizing the benefits of secondary market monetization opportunities.

Excited to get some feedback from the community on the above and happy to connect to dive deeper into all of this. We’re pretty serious about integrating blockchain tech into our program, just need to find the right tech solution.

Thanks!

@cstreet

1 Like

hi @Jeremy! how are you handling memberships across those various platforms today (e.g. FB groups, Thinkiffic, Zoom, etc.). is membership technically integrated somehow across those various platforms?

also…how’d you hear about unlock?

Thanks a lot @Jeremy This is extremely helpful and we can help the community prioritize some of these!

1 Like

Thanks for the reply, @ccarfi_Unlock!

We do not currently have a single authentication method across our various membership elements. This is obviously one of the benefits we see to going with some sort of blockchain-based authentication mechanism. While I didn’t mention it in my initial post, it would be nice to have some way to “scan” as part of authorizing entrance to our in-person events as well. Not sure if that is supported yet or not.

I heard about your project on the Crypto Business podcast.

1 Like