Introduce yourself!

Bonjour,

My name is Jean-Baptiste, I met Julien in Lyon (long long time ago…) and have been following his adventures since then.
I’m not a blockchain expert, but find the Unlock concept fun and usefull.
I wanted to try a lock on an affordable network (xDAI), so I connected here :wink:

6 Likes

Saluton!
My name is Anne. I qualified for the UDT airdrop through a MyCrypto membership and I’ve since grown interested in the protocol. Excited to learn more and to participate!

4 Likes

Hi there
My name is Mhd Musaab. I am Unlock’s OG on Twitters.
My Twitter name: Mhd MuSab

4 Likes

Hi all,

My name is James, and I run and incubator in Norwich, a city in the East of England (north of London) - Startup business incubator offering support and space in Norwich

We are branching quite heavily into web3 currently and looking to build a community for the east of England. We hope to create a roadmap to web3 adoption in out of metropolitan areas. We are very early stage, but are building some amazing partners. HTTPS://ETHAnglia.org

Im super passionate about community building and empowering people to achieve change in their life. We are offering a number of code bootcamps and scholarships in classic full stack and web3 to achieve this.

My passion for supporting people into education comes from a personal experience where one of my teachers essentially made it possible for me to go to university, I’m not saying that’s the right route for everyone, but I look at that moment in my life and realise just how much it changed the complete trajectory of where I am today. If through what we are building, through our scholarships, we can do something similar too. Even for one person. It’s been worth the energy. I believe we will do so much more.

Really awesome to be a part of the community, look forward to being a part of it here.

6 Likes

Hello everyone, I’m Carlo and I live in the Netherlands, I have a small company in the graphic sector and provide print and designs for a wide variety of companies and the funeral industry. In this crazy time it’s not always easy to get enough assignments and the lockdowns don’t make it better, many of my customers have had to temporarily close their business.
If you have ideas for designs for the promotion of Unlock, let me know and I will try to make nice designs so I can also contribute to the community.
I am very interested in what is currently being developed in the crypto space and I am learning more every day, although it is difficult to understand technical developments well with my not very good English language, although it does get much better after years.
P.S. submit your ideas for designs and put me to work.
If you appreciate me contributing something positive to the community iam doing so, please feel free to give me a small vote on retroactive funding, which gives extra motivation to spend more time on it. :pray:
Regards Carlo
0x08A5678b176FBDb6C8b917ebB4922B

3 Likes

Hi Everyone! My name is Kent and I am a pharmacist in Hong Kong: www.linkedin.com/in/kentglau

I usually work on healthcare x blockchain prototyping. I was part of the winning team for Unlock x Livepeer in ETHGlobal NFThack 2022: Got It · ETHGlobal Showcase

I am currently prototyping Unlock with media distribution and entertainment platforms and there are already some commercial partnerships in the pipeline!

Thanks,

Kent
0xe46E7B923444db249ebDaDf050b50a317cf53Ce2

3 Likes

Hi Everyone!

I’m Aseem. I live in NYC and am currently a Product Lead at Uniswap Labs.

I was an early supporter of Julien when Unlock was just getting off the ground - helping him build some of the initial team. I’m also a delegate in the Unlock DAO and excited to vote on the first proposal today.

Hit me up if I can be of help.

4 Likes

Hi Everyone!

My name is Michael! I am a researcher at CDTM and LMU in Munich, Germany. I am involved in running an add-on study program on the intersection of technology and management. As part of a design-sprint inspired hackathon we organized, I got in touch with Julien and was interested in the value Unlock provides and getting hands-on experience in community-driven DAO governance.

Excited to learn and participate!

Best
Michael

1 Like

Hello! I’m Patrick Workman and recently joined Unlock as VP, Business Development. A little about me:

• I live in Brooklyn, NY (I’m originally from Idaho) with my wife and two daughters :statue_of_liberty:
  • I’ve spent the past 10+ years in business development and partnership roles at Google, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, & Experian :necktie:
  • I recently completed a Kernel fellowship (a web3 educational community) and led growth for illogics (a 8,888 NFT collection)
  • In my free time, I like to golf, run and follow the band Phish around the US :o:

I’m stoked to learn from and be part of this vibrant community. Please keep the conversation flowing as I drink from the Unlock firehose!!

If you’d like to learn more about Unlock or my journey, my calendar is always open: https://calendly.com/patrickworkman

2 Likes

Hello, I’ve been trying to find out if you also work on the Solana network. 12 fails to join the discord lol but I finally found this one

1 Like

Hello everybody! My name is Jorrel Sto Tomas and I co-founded a No-Code NFT launch and scale tool called Rampp.xyz a few months ago.

I am based in West Los Angeles and I was raised in Orange County! Before jumping into Web 3, I was into Data Analytics/Tooling/Engineering having worked in data roles at start ups like Lever, Flexport, and AppOnboard.

I’ve been in the NFT and greater Web 3 space for the past few years, but only took the jump about a year and a half ago to get more involved. I’m a big fan of removing predatory middleman in the process of transitioning the world from Web 2 to Web 3, hence the reason that Rampp actually came about!

My co-founder and I saw that a lot of smart contract developers for hire were charging exorbitant amounts of money for basically a template of a smart contract, so we developed Rampp as a no-code tool that technical and non-technical users that want to participate in the NFT ecosystem can use basically for free.

I am big fan of what Unlock is doing, and I’m hoping there are ways that Rampp can help the Unlock ecosystem! Cheers!

2 Likes

Hi all, I’m Bernard :artist:

I’ve been working full-time in the Web3 space for a year, specifically in strategy and finance. Before that, I was in different leadership positions in startups and spent 3 years at McKinsey’s business building practice.

For most of my professional life, I have been involved in strategy and finance. This has involved working in a mix of early-stage companies, larger companies, venture capitalists, and banks, where I have experienced many failures.

I wanted to do something about it. That’s why I founded web3 Studios, which is an investment bank for the open economy. We support crypto companies and DAOs on corporate finance topics, such as M&A, capital raising, and treasury management, together with a team of TradFi/DeFi experts.

I am also part of a small group of people building out the McKinsey Crypto DAO, and the LSE DAO.

Besides all of this I geek out on my passion topics: gaming, meditation, mindfulness, and mental health (weird mix lol).

I met Angela from the Unlock team at ETH SF two weeks ago and she did a great job getting me excited about what you’re building. Excited to explore and contribute wherever helpful!

3 Likes

Bernard welcome! So great to see you here. I hope you stop by the Discord server and introduce yourself there. It’s where more of the casual conversations happen, and lots of the committees and guilds meet that are working on different focus areas. You’ll find lots of great channels with different topic areas. Especially, don’t miss out on #random there are some pretty interesting conversations there :slight_smile: From education to grants, we’ve got all kinds of ways a person can contribute, and we reward contributions by way of a monthly vote to allocate rewards in our governance token UDT.

2 Likes

Welcome Bernard!

1 Like