Retroactive Funding, December 2022

UPDATE: VOTING IS NOW OPEN UNTIL DECEMBER 15
:ballot_box: Vote here!
https://snapshot.org/#/unlock-protocol.eth/proposal/0xde7be4ccce54550898216781d8488ecb38efad33a431e97e8b0b2790403447e4

It is time to reward members of the Unlock community who you think created the most value in the last month for the protocol and its community!

You have 7 days until December 8th to submit yourself or anyone’s address. After that, all token holders will have 7 days to vote (using Snapshot’s gas-less voting) on these addresses. When you submit someone, please include their Discord handle.

Anyone who receives more than 1% of the quadratic votes will be receiving their share of the 100 UDT allocated.

Please share their Discord handle and addresses and why you think they deserve to be retro-actively funded for their involvement during the month of October. Examples and pointers to participation are encouraged in the “why.” Examples and pointers help others in the community understand the context for the nomination.

We also have the The Locksmith Leaderboard for November:

The Locksmith Leaderboard highlights active members of the Unlock Protocol community. Through participating via design, development, helping others in the community, sharing the Unlock Protocol story, and many other ways, Locksmiths are the core of Unlock Protocol and help propel the project forward.

The most visible places where Locksmiths engage with the project and each other are on Github (adding issues, submitting pull requests, creating projects that integrate Unlock), on Twitter (sharing and mentioning Unlock Protocol in their social media activities), and in the project Discord (responding to and answering question threads). The Leaderboard also attempts to capture longevity of participation in the community, as well as consistency of participation over time.

You can read more on The Locksmith Leaderboard page on Notion.
https://unlockprotocol.notion.site/Locksmith-Leaderboard-c620b5b00e2d404d9f1a20f2e11130d8

We hope the Locksmith Leaderboard can give you some visibility into the breadth and depth of individuals who are active in the Unlock Protocol community and provide some context as you are making your nominations for retroactive funding. Like everything, the Leaderboard and the retroactive funding process will evolve over time.

Looking forward to seeing your nominations!

2 Likes

Hey everyone! I’m slowly climbing my way up the leaderboard - from 16th to 3rd :smiley:

I’d like to nominate myself:

Address: henryhoffman.eth
Discord: HenryHoffman#7933

It’s been a big month for me. I’ve spent over a year building the Unlock Protocol integration for the Unity Game Engine, and this week I finally released version 2. This includes a ton of new features including native Unity UI for custom in-game web3 UI (purchasing/displaying locks, eth addresses, wallet connect etc.), borderless gaming, as well as the launch of a new micro-site featuring a full automated C# API docs, tutorials, demos and more here: Unlock Protocol for Unity | Unlock Protocol for Unity. Also had a call with Unlock to create a plan and roadmap for gaming on Unlock, with lots more cool stuff to come. Exciting times!

5 Likes

I nominate

@henryhoffman
Solomon Foskaay
desertrat | JournoDAO
blahkheart
jrsec

For all the good things you all do for the community. Thanks :clap:

3 Likes

Hi Unlockers!!

I would like to nominate jrsec#6177 for the ideas he always brings to the project and his latest contributions to the project.

I hope that this time her wallet can be published well in snapshot since last month I nominated it and there was a problem…

jrsec wallet: 0x8631961594077e0eD6C998999718723DBA8D272d

Bests

3 Likes

I nominate @WhiteHat (Discord: White Hat :male_detective:#4323) for his innovative conception of the Edu guild, and the thought and effort being put in to make it a reality.
I also nominate myself for updates on the scaffold-eth-unlock repo
discord: blahkheart#8618
address: 0xCA7632327567796e51920F6b16373e92c7823854

2 Likes

Amazing work ser!!! Thanks for the fantastic work that you do, we appreciate you :clap: :clap: :clap:

3 Likes

Awww— thank you!! And it looks like my nominations were already posted!! Excited to see Henry, WhiteHat, Blahkeart and Foskaay on the list!! :wink: Fabulous work everyone!!

2 Likes

I would like to nominate myself for actively promoting Unlock Protocol in my community and social media.
Address:
0x224de3b8D173956f702B72b8de6dc070C3EFD603

2 Likes

Thanks for the nomination. My Address below

Foskaay:
0x7B6DDE23a733D7a2BBb36258C03BEf796276eBa9

1 Like

I want to remind everyone that jsec#6177 missed out last month due to an error when posting the nominations into Snapshot. When things go to vote this month, please consider that when you cast your votes.

3 Likes

I’d like to nominate 0xYee#3607 0xb2D11009ec2631f4f9f250f6463B7e1c23a93B93 for putting in the following pull requests.

3 Likes

I nominate Darkrhythms#2060 for supporting Unlock’s growth and partnership efforts. Darkrhythms#2060 proactively contacted no-code NFT creation and DAO tooling companies to introduce Protocol. This improves Protocol awareness and consideration and should result in an increase in key volume over the next 60-120 days.

Darkrhythms#2060’s wallet: 0x456751690559a9148E082b89AA8fF4E1B4Eaec56

4 Likes

Thank you very much for the nomination!

1 Like

I’d like to nominate Tony Wen m00n620 for doing work on the following pull requests.

Wallet address 0xA56A762cC7b19f7e7188677F06679B4532f64878

1 Like

Thanks for all your work. I really appreciate having you in our community. You deserve to be moving up that leaderboard!

1 Like

I wanted to ensure everyone knew how much of a superstar you’ve been this last month.

Here is the list of pull requests that @Foskaay has completed this month.

1 Like

Thank you for being so consistent in your online support. I really appreciate your efforts.

1 Like

Big thanks to Darkrhythms#2060 for doing some great work on business development efforts.

1 Like

Thank you so much for all the visibility you give and the time you spend serving in the grants committee. This community wouldn’t be the same without you.

2 Likes

You’ve been such an amazing addition to this community. Thank you so much for continuing your work to give us valuable code examples as teaching tools. Your efforts make difference here.

3 Likes