Retroactive Funding, November 2022

It is time to reward members of the Unlock community who you think created the most value in the last month for the protocol and its community!

You have 7 days until November 8th to submit yourself or anyone’s address. After that, all token holders will have 7 days to vote (using Snapshot’s gas-less voting) on these addresses. When you submit someone, please include their Discord handle.

Anyone who receives more than 1% of the quadratic votes will be receiving their share of the 100 UDT allocated.

Please share their Discord handle and addresses and why you think they deserve to be retro-actively funded for their involvement during the month of October. Examples and pointers to participation are encouraged in the “why.” Examples and pointers help others in the community understand the context for the nomination.

Introduced last month, we also have the The Locksmith Leaderboard for October:

The Locksmith Leaderboard highlights active members of the Unlock Protocol community. Through participating via design, development, helping others in the community, sharing the Unlock Protocol story, and many other ways, Locksmiths are the core of Unlock Protocol and help propel the project forward.

The most visible places where Locksmiths engage with the project and each other are on Github (adding issues, submitting pull requests), on Twitter (sharing and mentioning Unlock Protocol in their social media activities), and in the project Discord (responding to and answering question threads). The Leaderboard also attempts to capture longevity of participation in the community, as well as consistency of participation over time.

You can read more on The Locksmith Leaderboard page on Notion.
https://unlockprotocol.notion.site/Locksmith-Leaderboard-c620b5b00e2d404d9f1a20f2e11130d8

We hope the Locksmith Leaderboard can give you some visibility into the breadth and depth of individuals who are active in the Unlock Protocol community and provide some context as you are making your nominations for retroactive funding. Like everything, the Leaderboard and the retroactive funding process will evolve over time.

Looking forward to seeing your nominations!

1 Like

I would like to nominate Danny Thomx / @Blahkheart (Discord: blahkheart#8618) for their creation of THREE tutorial videos that are now live on the Unlock YouTube channel as well as active and ongoing engagement and support in both the Discord and on our Twitter Spaces in the month of October.

Danny Thomx: 0xCA7632327567796e51920F6b16373e92c7823854

5 Likes

Hello!

I would like to nominate myself for my contributions that I make from:

My discord Handle: andreugm#2928 (David-Moderator)

My wallet is: 0x9dED35Aef86F3c826Ff8fe9240f9e7a9Fb2094e5

Thanks!

3 Likes

I’d like to nominate:

• Foskaay for their amazing proposal for the community ambassador program and for being #2 on the leaderboard! 0x7B6DDE23a733D7a2BBb36258C03BEf796276eBa9

• Tim Falls for being #3 on the leaderboard for for all the work he did for building the devrel and community goodness this spring/summer: Tim: 0x3a949daf5a5d0d77169785b3f5aae4592a4572e1

• Myself for being #4 on the leaderboard and for connecting more projects, like Artiva app with Unlock to build out amazing products to support our community and for talking about Unlock in recent podcast interviews/Spaces about web3 publishing and token gating as well as with community building meetings at WGMI DAO for community managers. Me: 0x1ba3ef24bc64B22a80422678d4B6Ea85f0f92Bde

I was also going to nominate Blahkheart for being #1 on the leaderboard, but I see that @ccarfi_Unlock got it already!! :wink:

3 Likes

I would like to nominate @MrWildenFree (discord: mrwildenfree#2184) for their consistent contribution of positive energy to and participation in the Unlock community.

Every time I am on an Unlock Twitter Space, @MrWildenFree comes up to the stage and always adds positivity to the experience. It’s not easy to get on stage and speak in front of people, and it’s important that some community members are willing to do it – I appreciate when @MrWildenFree steps up and brings the good vibes.

Not sure of ETH address, but will try to hunt it down – if you know it, please let us know in a reply!

3 Likes

thank you and I’m glad you nominated yourself, too, because you deserve it!

3 Likes

I would like to nominate myself for actively promoting Unlock Protocol in my community and social media.
Address:
0x224de3b8D173956f702B72b8de6dc070C3EFD603

2 Likes

awwww…thanks. self-nomination makes me uncomfortable, but learning to step past such things. Thanks again, friend!!! Hoping you’ll be at ETHDenver again this year-- and the whole Unlock crew! Feel like we need a group gathering of sorts!

4 Likes

I’d like to nominate jrsec#6177 for the ideas he always brings to the project.

jrsec wallet: 0x8631961594077e0eD6C998999718723DBA8D272d

4 Likes

Hey everyone, Thomas here (GH: tchataigner · GitHub, Discord: Dodom#5532) !

I’d like to nominate myself for this round. I worked on keeping the integration with guild.xyz working after the protocol subgraphs were updated, Update Unlock API by tchataigner · Pull Request #526 · agoraxyz/guild.xyz · GitHub .

The address I will link is the ENS polyphene.eth or 0x866a954a1bf0a8fc5d1d7d4333f50ac2ccee6d75 .

Thank you so much for the opportunity ! Hope to get to work with you all in the future !

4 Likes

Welcome to the community, @tchataigner — and thank you so much for submitting that PR to Guild!!!

3 Likes

Hi everyone!

I’d like to nominate myself for this months retroactive funding: 0xde22DE740609532FC0F48287b7F258776bE814FD

This month I pushed a major documentation update for the Unity Unlock Integration, featuring comprehensive XML documentation comments, paving the path for automatic API generation and Unity Asset Store submission.

I also put myself forward to be the first Unlock Grants committee member!

4 Likes

I’d like to nominate GLAMGuerilla#7886 who is always talking up Unlock on Twitter which is what got her on the leaderboard but who also has been constantly recommending us in private Telegram channels with builders in the DEI space.

0xbe7A9D0ee2F1c7F6e44Ea922e52603e921566778

1 Like