Retroactive Funding March 2024

Dear community,

It is time to reward members of the Unlock community who you think created the most value in the last month for the protocol and its community!

You have until March 9th to submit yourself or anyone’s address. After that, all token holders will have 8 days to vote (using Snapshot’s gas-less voting) on these addresses. When you submit someone, please include their Discord handle.

Anyone who receives more than 1% of the quadratic votes will be receiving their share of the 100 UDT allocated.

Please share their Discord handle and addresses and why you think they deserve to be retro-actively funded for their involvement during the month. Examples and pointers to participation are encouraged in the “why.” Examples and pointers help others in the community understand the context for the nomination.

Reminder: The rewards will be sent to the members through the DAO (Tally).

1 Like

Hi!

I want to nominate for their activity last month in the groups:

lana - 0xaa3600788b72863ff51c8f0db5f10bb65fbfeab4
stellaachenbach - 0xD2BC5cb641aE6f7A880c3dD5Aee0450b5210BE23
wonderwomancode - 0xFf4eC2057A4180A4Cd18FDEA144e53245e39869D
Blahkheart - 0xCA7632327567796e51920F6b16373e92c7823854

Regards.

2 Likes

Greetings,

I would like to nominate myself, SVell, for recognition in the recent activities within the Unlock community and GitHub Bug Hunting for the previous month. Although I am a relatively new member of the Unlock DAO and am still in the process of familiarizing myself with its operations, I have actively participated in DAO discussions over the past month. Additionally, I have dedicated my efforts to contributing through coding, assisting fellow developers in the “developers” channel, and successfully resolving two bug bounties within the Unlock Protocol GitHub.

By receiving this retroactive grant, I aim to enhance my involvement in Unlock’s votings and proposals, allowing me to contribute more actively to the community’s development.

Thank you for considering my nomination.

svell - 0xd36992bC82546eB55C46Cf360A3d2430b21C4aB7

4 Likes

I would like to nominate myself for the March retroactive funding for building the frame related to signature-less NFT drop to the user’s wallet.

Live test link: Warpcast

Github link: GitHub - Ramitphi/frames-new

Wallet address: 0x905040585A59C5B0E83Be2b247fC15a81FF4E533

Discord handle: ramitphi

1 Like

Welcome here!

2 Likes

I’ve already been nominated by rwalls (thank you), wanted to follow up though with what I’ve been doing

• co-ran a twitter space with Chris talking about the launch of the 7K arb grants program, helped create some marketing material for this as well.
  • onboarded greenpill denver - used Unlock ‘Locks’ for 2 events
  • helped make the marketing materials for eth Denver to promote the 7k arb round and Unlock - also picked them up and distributed them in Denver
  • was an ambassador for Unlock during Eth Denver (half of the week was Feb - the other half was march)
  • spoke on a panel at an event that Unlock was a sponsor/partner for and talked about what Unlock does (Innovator x Creative Social - Denver 2024)
  • got retroeasypgf to set up ‘locks’ and helped them issue over 160 on-chain credentials (originally they just wanted to issue 1 for the course, I got them to issue one for every training) - created some marketing materials around this as well to showcase how easy it is
  • Talked about unlock and how to use it on a GreenPill twitter space
  • working with Blakhart to figure out how to send the Arb tokens to the smart contract for the grants round (blakhart is doing the heavy lifting though)

I also launched our grant smart contract on gitcoins grant stack, and have been onboarding grant applicants into it Managing to back of the grants round and encouraging more projects to build with Unlock on Arb * please note though that for this I am going to get a round manager fee - so I will be compensated in a small way for this work along with my fellow round operators. Just highlighting this work, but will put up a retro grant for this in tally.

2 Likes

Thank you for the nomination Rwalls. According to the suggested guidelines, I will follow Lana’s example. Here is what I have been up to in the last month:

On that note for her contributions I would also like to nominate Valentina for her work with me on the DAO Goal Framework! This is her wallet address: 0xD36c85895501f27131ffDA20225C187F6E92EbAa

2 Likes

Hello everyone!

Following the new funding guidelines format, I’d like to nominate myself for my recent contributions:

I’ve been dedicating time to prepare a marketing proposal focused on Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) to promote Unlock Protocol and the token. More details:

My Wallet: 0x9dED35Aef86F3c826Ff8fe9240f9e7a9Fb2094e5

3 Likes

I would also like to nominate @ccarfi for keeping peeled eyes on grants applications and various little but necessary helpers as a DAO member:
ccarfi.eth is his wallet if I am not wrong :slight_smile:

@rwalls can you add your Twitter Feed please for others to see and hopefully to also follow :slight_smile:

thank you, stella. super appreciate the nomination and the kind words.

am going to recuse myself, however, from the retro funding round.

Thank you for the nomination Rwalls. According to the suggested guidelines, here’s what I have been up to in the last month:

• I organized and held a workshop introducing Unlock Protocol and Events by Unlock to creators, entrepreneurs and developers in Kigali, Rwanda - here

• I organized and held a Table Tennis contest in Port Harcourt, Nigeria using Unlock with the dual aim of demonstrating to different audiences how Unlock Protocol can be used for different types of events and onboarding new members to the community to increase adoption of Unlock Protocol, which resulted in two new guests on the DAO calls [Sam and Balanced Chi ] - GAME ON: Table Tennis Meister

• I’ve also been researching a way to transfer the DAO’s ARB tokens on the Timelock’s Alias Address on Arbitrum L2. I’ve had to deploy 3 smart contracts (Governor, Timelock, Vote Token) on the Sepolia testnet to simulate the interaction with Arbitrum’s Delayed Inbox Contract for L1 to L2 messaging via a DAO proposal process to facilitate the best chance of success of the process, and have successfully completed the test.

1 Like

Sorry guys, I stopped sharing Unlock’s content with my Twitter account and therefore this month I don’t want to be nominated. I have deleted my self-nomination post.

1 Like